Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Four Generations of Service
In 1920, Concezio "Clancy" Di Pietro opened up a store front "Undertaker Parlor" at 187 Maverick Street, East Boston, and it was named C. DiPietro & Son. This was the first Italian American Funeral Home in East Boston. In 1922 they moved the business to 204 Maverick Street, East Boston.
In 1927 Americo Vazza joined the company, and the business was expanded to Revere. It was located at the corner of Hawes and Revere Street. Soon after, Al Vazza (as he was referred to then) married Clara DiPietro, Clancy's daughter, and in 1949 DiPietro & Vazza Inc. was formed and a new modern Funeral Home was built on Henry Street, opposite Maverick Square that is now known as Vazza's Funeral Home.
In 1979 Al & Clara's only son Louis took over the family business, which has been expanded to Revere with "Beechwood" Funeral Home.
In 1987 "Beechwood" Funeral Home located at 262 Beach street, Revere, MA. came about with the purchase of the Les Pike & Vertuccio Funeral Home (301 Beach Street), and the purchase of the Murray Funeral Home (262 Beach Street), the combination of the two became Vazza's Beechwood Funeral Home and Louis Sr. rebuilt and expanded the building into a spacious and elegant Funeral Home with ample parking, as well as a Professional Staff that includes, his son Louis A. Vazza, Lee Palumbo, , Bob Campbell.
In 1999 Louis Sr. purchased the A.Struzziero Funeral Home in Lynn, Massachusetts. It was the former home of the Lydia Pinkham family, known for Women's Herbal Medicine. In the 1940's the home was sold to Mr. A. Leone which was the only funeral home of its type on the North Shore. Mrs. Leone operated her Interior Decorating and Furniture Showroom from the second floor of funeral Home. In 1950 Mr. Leone sold the business to Al Struzziero. Mr Vazza bought the building, renovated and enlarged it, while keeping the early 19th century charm of the interior using soft colors that created a light and airy appeal. It was known as Vazza's Lynn Funeral Home. In the summer of 2005 Mr. Vazza sold the building closing up a short 5 year term.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.